The London Spine Unit Multidisciplinary Team
We are proud of our unique and Proven working multidisciplinary working model.
The General Medical Coucil encourages a teamworking approach centered around patient care and stipulates this in its Guidance document “Good Medical Practice 2013“.
Our Team covers all aspects of spinal care and are based on site at the London spine unit.
1. Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon and Clinical Director of The London Spine Unit
– Mr Mo Akmal MBBS BSc(Hons) MD FRCS(Orth)
2. Consultant in Anaethesia and Pain Management
– Dr Chris Jenner MBBS FRCA FFPMRCA
3. Specialist in Neurosurgery
– Mr Ahmed Hussein MBBS FRCS
4. Spinal Fellow
– Mr Yuin Lok MBBS MRCS
5. Spinal Research Fellow
– Dr Adam Altaie
6. Consultant Spinal Physiotherapy Practitioner
– Dr Chris McCarthy
7. Extended Scope Spine Physiotherapists
– Rishi Navsaria and Valentina Roffi
8. Osteopath specialising in Holistic Spinal Care
– Carla Pozner
9. Specialist Registered Spinal Nurse
– Beverley Williams
9. Spinal Coordinator
– Angela Tse BSc